There is an exciting change to the Flying Start for 2 Year Olds offer which means that more families than ever before may now be entitled to 15 hours of free childcare.
Working families are now able to have the free childcare if they are earning less than £16,190 and are receiving Working Tax Credits.
If your child’s date of birth is between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2011 find out now if you are eligible by:
- talking to your childcare provider who can check you eligibility
- phoning the Families Information Service (FIS) on 01332 642610 or 01332 640758
- or completing the simple online form at (available through ‘Apply for It’ on the Derby City Council website):
You will need to tell us:
- your child’s name and date of birth
- your name, address and date of birth
- your National Insurance number
Either your childcare provider or FIS will need to see your TC602 for this financial year April 13 – April 14 to confirm eligibility. The TC602 is a form given to you by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and it confirms how much you are earning and that you are receiving Working Tax Credits.
If you have any questions about the Flying Start for 2 Year Olds offer please ring the Families Information Service on 01332 640758